ABOUT THE MRI LIVE EVENT
MAY 30 – JUNE 5, 2020 IN TORONTO – FREY FAUST (FOUNDER OF THE AXIS SYLLABUS), FRANCESCA PEDULLA, AND OTHER GUEST PRESENTERS.
The Movement Research Intensive (MRI) is an education program designed for all levels of movers and movement educators; dancers, yoga and pilates teachers, martial artists, fitness trainers, athletes, and anyone curious about dynamic movement.
While learning how to move well is ultimately a personal endeavour, learning together in a group setting with exceptional teachers enhances one’s personal experience, offering support throughout the process.
The MRI Live Event is a 7-day exploration of movement in all its forms, from the ground up. From workshops to lectures and open discussions, you’ll be immersed in movement in its rawest form through to the finer technicalities of biomechanics and biotensegrity. The MRI Live Event will change the way you move through your world.
WHAT SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT PREVIOUS MRI LIVE EVENTS
Exciting, mind blowing, challenging, humbling, encouraging, game changer, intense, discombobulating, empowering, inspiring, eye opening, integrated.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
- Are you a practitioner/teacher of dance, yoga, bodywork, martial arts, Feldenkrais, NIA, Body-Mind Centering, Alexander Technique, 5Rhythms or other related somatic modalities?
- If you are an educator, would you like to discover new ways to bring greater diversity and inclusivity into your classes?
- Does the idea of non-linear movement feel intimidating to you? Do you experience difficulty in getting down to and up from the ground, walking, running, jumping or dancing? Would you like to meet these challenges in a safe and supportive environment?
- Are you interested in exploring options for healthy, sustainable dynamic movement, learning how to move with greater ease and efficiency in a manner suited to your individual structure, nervous system and current ability?
- Would you like to learn more about anatomy, physiology, biotensegrity and biomechanics, as taught through a lens of evolving understanding?
- Would you like to experience the joy of moving together (partnered or in a group)?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, then it’s likely that you’ll love this deep dive into the Axis Syllabus. Join us and see for yourself!